Wednesday, February 21, 2018

REYNA - Cool With It

We've been longtime fans of Milwaukee-based duo REYNA, comprised of sisters Victoriah (aka, Vic) and Hannah Gabriela (aka, Gab), ever since they released the infectious debut single, "Spill Your Colors", back in early 2016 so we are thrilled to be able to share with you today their brand new single called "Cool With It", an impeccable 3 and a half minute long indie-pop gem that will surely delight your senses.

"'Cool With It' started out as a rough basement demo, we later sent it to Grammy-nominated producer Drew Pierson (Kesha), who helped us refine the song," says Vic says. "We were looking for fresh ears so we hooked up with Dan Gibson and Simon Oscroft from Frills to give it a fresh vibe. Lyrically, 'Cool With It' is a sly dig at the dichotomy of the idealized 'cool girl' and how she's an unattainable amalgam of contradiction."

"Guys want that 'cool girl'," laughs Gabby. "One who gets dressed up in a little black dress and heels to sit on the couch and watch football. I’ve caught myself many times trying to fit into the “cool girl” mold. I couldn’t care too much. Whoever showed less emotion had the power in the relationship. I wrote this song with all of this in mind. I just don’t feel the need to pretend any more. I found someone I can be myself with and not be afraid to say, 'I’m cool with forever' and genuinely mean it."

Listen to "Cool With It" below.



https://www.facebook.com/REYNAtheband

No comments:

Post a Comment