Wednesday, January 18, 2017

REYNA - Matinee

Fans of Tegan and Sara and Phoebe Ryan might want to consider taking notice of Milwaukee-based duo REYNA, who repeatedly won us over thoughout 2016 with a steady stream of indie-pop gems such as "Spill Your Colors", "Ink On My Skin" and "Kill Me", but now the sister duo, comprised of Victoriah and Hannah Gabriela, return to impress once more by today unveiling their latest masterpiece called "Matinee", which premiered earlier today via our friends at HighClouds.

About the song, REYNA says:

"After trying to maintain an international long distance relationship for over eight months and finding out I had been cheated on. I thought about all the money I spent on plane tickets and the emotional turmoil I had put myself through trying to make this work. It felt like a receding part of my life, like the end of a show or movie. I felt like I wasn’t needed anymore, like I had been easily replaced but at the same time I wanted redemption. I put those feelings into ‘Matinee’ saying you don’t need me, you don’t want me but wait till you see me doing better than you. Wait till you see me do better without you."

Listen to "Matinee" below.



https://www.facebook.com/REYNAtheband

No comments:

Post a Comment