Thursday, September 29, 2016

Laurel - Hurricane

Southampton-raised, London-based singer/songwriter and producer Laurel Arnell-Cullen, better known mononymously as Laurel, has just recently signed to iconic English independent label, Counter Records (an imprint of Ninja Tune) and has announced details for her forthcoming EP, Park, due out on November 18th. The EP was written, performed, recorded, produced and mixed by Laurel in her East London bedroom studio. Ahead of its release, Laurel has unveiled her stunning new single entitled "Hurricane" along with it's accompanying visuals. "Hurricane" demonstrates a maturity of sound beyond her 22 years while her breathy vocals sit atop exquisite melodies with heartfelt, intimate delivery. The new singles follows her previous offerings "Life Worth Living" and "San Francisco", both of which garnered critical acclaim and reached the Top 3 on Hype Machine's Popular Chart.

Speaking on the making of the video, Laurel explains:

"I made this video with my friend Felix. We just messed around in the places we both liked to hang out. London has such an influence on my writing as it’s where I have existed for the last 4 years, so I really wanted to film there to show me in the places I often am; and get across the real essence behind the songs and me as a person."

Listen and watch the video for "Hurricane" below.




Pre-order Laurel's Park EP on iTunes and get "Hurricane" instantly.

Premiere via V Magazine.

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicLaurel

No comments:

Post a Comment