Friday, June 24, 2016

Clairity - Love In The Light

Following on from last year's release of her critically acclaimed debut EP, Alienation, as well as her #1 global hit, "Renaissance" - a collaboration with DJ/producer Steve James, her cover of Coldplay's "Don't Panic", which was featured in the trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse and her most recent single, "Broken Things", fast-rising 18-year-old Nashville-based singer/songwriter Claire Rachel Wilkinson, aka Clairity is back with a brand new song called "Love In The Light", a beautifully sung and self-empowering ballad about being proud of who you are and not allowing yourself to be afraid of sharing your personal truth.

Speaking on the track, Claire wrote on Facebook:

"We see it in on television. hear about it on the radio. read about it on the internet. hashtags trend with the best of intentions; raising awareness about topics that are and will continue to be impossible to swallow. The news of the tragedy in Orlando has ripped through our nation like a tidal wave; the heartbreak has swept us up and carried us away, shocked. The sting of these attacks manifests not only in the loss of life, but also in the fear that we may not always have the ability to predict the future, and protect the things we love...

I was very hesitant to do what I am about to do for fear of seeming saccharine, disingenuous, or even callous about the things happening in our world. Self-acceptance, tolerance, and equality have always been very strong themes in my music, and when I sat down in the studio on Wednesday to write this song it was very important to me that I instill those messages. I wanted the beat to make people dance and feel alive and hopeful. 'Love In The Light' is about being proud of who you are and not allowing yourself to be afraid of sharing your personal truth. We can't control the world around us, but we don’t have to be victims of our own fear.

This song means a lot to me, and I hope that it resonates with you as much as it resonated with me when I wrote it
"

Listen to "Love In The Light" and watch the lyric video for "Broken Things" below.




http://www.clairitymusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment