Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Joni Payne - Hold Ya

Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Joni Payne has been on our radar for quite some time now. Last year she released two exquisite singles, "Must Have" and "Contemporary Love" as well as an Al Green-insprired rendition of The Bee Gee's classic "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?". Today she returns with her first new single of 2016 called "Hold Ya", which once again sees her teaming up with producer Mike Derenzo of fellow LA-based duo EXES.

Speaking on the track, Joni says:

"I was sick for a little bit over the holidays and listening to a lot of Warren G and Nate Dogg to make me feel better. So I took those vibes with me into the studio the first day I was feeling well enough to record, and we spent the afternoon making this song. Mike and I loved the vibes of this song and decided to put it out as a single in time for Valentines Day."

Listen to "Hold Ya" below and stay tuned for more new music from Joni Payne in the coming months as she is currently working on her debut EP, which is expected to drop sometime later this year.



Premiere via The 405.

https://www.facebook.com/jonipaynemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment