Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dotter - My Flower

A potential pop superstar in the making, Swedish singer/songwriter Johanna Maria Jansson, aka Dotter (which is Swedish for daughter) has just unveiled her rather exquisite first single entitled "My Flower", co-written and produced by Dotter herself in collaboration with fellow Swede Dino Medanhodzic. "My Flower" is the first single taken from her forthcoming debut EP I Am Dotter due for release this coming November.

Dotter says, "I grew up in the nature and amongst the mountains, and I want to bring that feeling into the music. I wanted to somehow bring out the Nordic origin though the name, and at the same time express the importance of protecting and caring for the nature and our planet. Thus, the name also became a symbolism for the daughter of mother earth."



Also be sure to check out her cover of Kiesza's "Hideaway" below.



Premiere via Popjustice.

https://www.facebook.com/iamdotter

No comments:

Post a Comment